Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Wives, Ex-Wives, Friends, and Lovers

 This Is My Blog:

It was inspired by my Mentor, my Life Guide, and my Friend, Brenda of People House.


By me, I have endured 70 winters. What I haven't done I have seen. I have a wealth of stories to tell. I have started out from humble beginnings, made a small fortune on paper when in my 30's.  And now at this end of my life, am impoverished, and a pensionate.  I have married, had children and am now divorced and living on the D.L.. I have lived a rich full life and am very grateful to be alive. By all odds, I shouldn't be. 


Most of what I write will be drawn from my own experience. The stories are true but I have chosen to disguise my names and place names to protect the guilty. 


I plan to write on a variety of subjects, although writing about wives, ex-wives, friends, and lovers would keep my busy for a long time. I will write vignettes and anecdotes, what I have done, what I have seen and hearsay. I will tackle injustice in all its forms and at times I will write with anger. I can be profane. I will write about the odd, the curious and the bizarre; about survival, philosophy, religion, ethics, women, men, people, humor, tragedy.  I aim to write about alcoholism, insanity, sex, politics--------and anything else that comes to my mind.  This blog with morph several times during its lifespan. 


- The Shadow

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading more..... I shall stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could get interesting. I'll be watching this blog like a hawk. And, I thank god that I'm not, and never have been a wife, ex-wife, friend, or lover of this guy (at least I assume he's a guy since he doesn't mention husbands). It sounds like it will be a bit edgy and some "guilty" folks might get nicked. In fact, I'll bet this guy is some kind of "Black Sheep" that will keep us all laughing and groaning, just like some Greek Tragedy, at his stories of miss-adventures and his view of injustice. At seventy he's old enough to remember "The Shadow" radio show. The opening of the show always included the line: "The Shadow knows."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What more is there to talk about? These are at the core of most deep human emotion. people get burned and burn in return. If you're guilty, then you did it to yourself. One thing I've learned is that being truely honest, as well as true to yourself (and the one you love) is really what matters. This is one of the keys to true happiness.

    ReplyDelete