Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

MAY YOU BE FOREVER YOUNG


It was years ago and the mores of the Eisenhower years were dropping away.  Topless dancing was the latest thing.  There was now a new hip Youngstud in the White House.  I had entered a bar on a sketchy street in a shady ---actually scary area of Capitol City.  There was an extremely fat black woman with her huge naked breasts laying on surface of a black formica table shiny wet with spilled beer.  She was very drunk but not as drunk as I wanted to be.  No one else in the place but a singer on a runway that extended out into the middle of the large room.  She had black hair and she was absolutely a class above everything else in the room, including me.  I could not to this day say what she was wearing, except it may have been blue.  I could only stare at her face and try to look blasé.  She looked right into my eyes and sang “Forever Young”
I turned and walked out into the humid night.  Another face in the train window.   Who knows how my life would have been had I stayed?

Only The Shadow Knows.         

No comments:

Post a Comment