Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

AS A LAMB IS LED TO THE SLAUGHTER



Forty eight years ago tonight, at this hour, this is where I was, in a photograph frozen in time, with Jesus looking the other way.

It seemed like a good idea at the moment. 

It was something that had the potential to be the best marriage ever.  It didn’t pan out.  It was doomed from the start.  Two immature, egocentric, young people who had no business getting married and who today, probably wouldn’t.   I am aware of my many faults.  I am aware of her faults.  To enumerate them now would be pointless.  After twenty years and three wonderful and wounded children the words came down in a courthouse in Colorado: Irrevocable Differences.  And with that I picked up my life and went on to meet triumph and tragedy.

I have a lot of regrets in my life and the fact that this marriage failed is probably the greatest.

Like the shadowy picture in the very top center of the photograph, I am----
THE SHADOW

No comments:

Post a Comment