Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

WIVES, EX WIVES, FRIENDS AND ONE NIGHT STANDS



The time has come for the shadow to morph again.  I need to stop and consider in what direction I want to take this thing.  I started out thinking perhaps I could record a few stories and anecdotes of things I had seen and done.  Not everything I have done, because some of the things I have done are not admirable.  I do, however, have to own my own shit.

The response to what I have put on this blog has been satisfying and rewarding.  As I gained steam I went into political and social consciousness.  I have an inherent hatred of injustice and I find too much of it in the human condition.

The past two or three years have found me with some personal
struggles which have weakened me to a degree.  My spirit is not quenched but I need to conserve energies in order to regain my strength.  My eyesight is diminishing to the point that it is affecting my quality of life. I am facing the possibility of more eye surgery.  I always thought the two worse things that could happen to me would be to lose a child or to go blind.  The Cosmic Jester has decreed.
    
I have been under some pressure by some of my readers to yield to their more prurient interest and write about my lovers.  I thought originally that I could get away with writing about other peoples lovers.  But apparently not.  I shall write more on that subject in the future.  In the meantime, if you must know------- I lost my virginity in a whorehouse in Nuevo Laredo.  She said her name was Helen.  I was 19.  She was 45.

Writing about lovers suddenly seems sort of personal.  It’s not nice to kiss and tell although I suppose I am a bit of a libertine.  I pulled the name for this blog out of my, um, ear.  It depends on the definition of ‘lover’.  Wives, ex wives, friends and paramours just doesn’t cut it.  I have had many and varied partners.  The word ‘partner’ sticks in my craw.  It sounds like we have staked out a gold claim up in the mountains.

I shall continue to write as much as I can as long as I can.  I am now 72 winters.  I have outlived many of my friends and most of my enemies.  I have periods of crippling depression.  I have had one too many lovers.

Hear me my chiefs!  I am tired.  My heart is sick and sad.  From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
                                                                                      Chief Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment