Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

GOING OUT WITH A BANG

It was in the springtime of my 67th year.  April 29th, it was.  I was homeward bound and walked up to the bus stop at 15th and Stout in Denver just in time to see the #44 bus pull away.  
I now have a half hour wait for the next busThe stop at 15th & Stout is a major bus stop in Denver.  A little sketchy but not scarey although it seems to be well located for a drive by shooting.   So I plop down on the cleanest bench to wait.  Being a friendly sort I turned to the young woman beside me and made some brilliant comment about how great it was to be alive at midday on a perfect spring day.  I did not suspect that it was to become much greater.
We chatted.   She was dressed casual cotton, Target, T J Maxx.  She said her name was Toni and that she was waiting on the #38 bus.  She was a woman of color---the color of coffee with one cream.   She said she was 26 and I didn't think she was lying too much.  As we talked the #38 pulled up, loaded, and pulled away without her.  I thought it was strange but I was enjoying her company.  Shortly thereafter my bus, the #44, pulled up.  As I got up and boarded she followed me into the bus and sat next to me.  I am thinking that I don't know where this is going but I am going to go with it.
It went into my living room and onto my sofa.  And then to the floor. 

I will die a happy man. 



THE SHADOW SAYS: THIS IS INDEED A DAY TO GIVE THANKS


No comments:

Post a Comment