Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

THE LIFEBLOOD OF A GENERATION


20 The  harvest  is  past,  the
summer is ended, and we are
not saved.
 21 For the hurt of the daughter
of my people am I hurt; I am
black; astonishment hath taken
hold on me.
 22 Is there no balm in Gilead;
Is there no physician there? Why
then is not the health of the
daughter of my people recov-
ered?
<< Jeremiah 8:20, 21, 22 >>


These are the names of men I have known.  They were my friends.  They lived and worked and laughed and loved.  They are dead now, the victims of a strange new plague and an unresponsive government.  Some of them were gone before I knew their last names and some of their names, time and memory have erased or distorted.  But I will never forget them.  I have done the best I could.

George Banchero   Charles Ned Holland   Jim
Larry Glass   David Dobrovolny   Scott Kaiser
Jack   Eddie Nunez   Rex Sumner   Cordell Nelson 
Kenneth Waters  Joseph Bankston

I had planned to post this on December 1, World Aids Day.  
That didn't happen.  I'm sorry.    

1 comment: